From Singapore Science’s website:
Chemistry Matters meets the requirement of the latest GCE ‘O’ Level Chemistry syllabus specified by the Ministry of Education, Singapore. It is designed for effective concept development, reinforcement and extension.
- Real-life applications of Chemistry are showcased to make learning meaningful.
- Comprehensive content is presented in a concise, visually appealing manner.
- Hands-on and IT activities encourage students to work independently and extend their learning.
- Main ideas and key terms are clearly specified to help students focus on syllabus learning outcomes.
- In-depth development of concepts allows students to extrapolate knowledge to apply to unfamiliar scenarios.
- Sidebar notes in Chem-Aid correct students’ misconceptions’.
- End-of-section summaries and tests provide reinforcement.
- Worked examples and practice questions guide students in applying the new concepts learnt.
- Thought-provoking Link questions lead students to appreciate the themes that link different chapters.
- Problems-solving questions based on everyday applications of Chemistry stimulate thinking and engage students’ interest.
- A variety of examination-style and data-based questions prepare students for the G.C.E. ‘O’ Level examination.
This textbook is accompanied by a Workbook designed for self-study, as well as a Practical Book. Answer keys are only provided in the Teacher’s Edition.
Have you ever used Chemistry Matters, Singapore Science? How did it work for your family? Share your review below.